To make the drastic carbon reductions that are needed around the world, we need a global population that is educated, engaged and empowered to make the necessary changes. That’s why we believe Carbon Literacy training is so important – and why we need to build an army of trainers to deliver it.
The Lighthouse Carbon Literacy – Train the Trainer course is designed to prepare you for delivering Carbon Literacy training, and support you on your journey to becoming a Carbon Literacy Trainer (CLT).
Lighthouse has a proven track record of working with businesses to deliver sustainability improvements, from building circularity into business models to reducing carbon impacts. Last year we trained more than 500 employees from start ups to household brands.
Our course is fast-paced, informative and action-focused.
What we provide on our Train the Trainer course:
- Three half days of interactive workshops
- Facilitated peer learning amongst a small group
- Guided self-study and resources
- Guidance to inform your road to becoming a certified Trainer
- Skills for creating your own Carbon Literacy course
- A practical and hands-on approach to Carbon Literacy training.
What you commit to:
- Attend and engage in training workshops
- Complete all self-study and homework
- Complete and submit Trainer evidence to the Carbon Literacy Project.
The Lighthouse Train the Trainer course is designed to develop confidence, understanding and training skills in learners who already have a level of understanding of carbon and some experience of delivering training.
Before commencing this course, learners should:
- Have experience of delivering training
- Have completed a Carbon Literacy training course
- Have worked with business in some capacity
- Aspire to deliver Carbon Literacy training either internally within the business they work in, or externally to other businesses.
Course timetable for the New Year 2024:
Our Train the Trainer course is normally delivered online to cohorts of up to 6 learners.
Our next course will run across three weeks in January:
Day 1: Thursday 10th January 8:45am-12:30pm
Day 2: Thursday 17th January 8:45am-12:30pm
Day 3: Monday 24th January 8:45am-12:30pm
Cost of course £750 +VAT.
And if these dates don’t suit you…
If you want to book a course for your employees or discuss the design of a bespoke course, contact email@example.com.
Please see the videos below, outlining the key FAQ’s from our Train the Trainer course. See these videos and more on Lighthouse’s LinkedIn page.