Understand climate change and how to reduce your carbon footprint at this Carbon Literacy Project accredited training for business.
Lighthouse has launched its first open Carbon Literacy course for business. Tickets now available for May 2022! http://ow.ly/oxY250IktAM
About this event
Carbon literacy is an awareness of the carbon dioxide costs and impacts of everyday activities, and the ability and motivation to reduce emissions, on an individual, community and organisational basis (Carbon Literacy Project).
The Carbon Literacy Project was set up to give everyone, everywhere, a day of training on carbon literacy – and in doing so, empower people to make positive change. Today, over 26,000 individuals from over 2,000 organisations have certified as Carbon Literate and that number is rising fast.
What you will gain:
Carbon literacy is there to enlighten, educate and empower.
Businesses and individuals taking part in carbon literacy training can expect to emerge upskilled and motivated to reduce their carbon impact both at work and in their personal lives.
Each individual trained is certified Carbon Literate by the Carbon Literacy Project.
Who is this course for?
Engage and mobilise your staff: Help them to understand climate change and how to reduce their carbon footprint with Carbon Literacy Project accredited training.
Businesses taking part can expect to emerge upskilled and motivated to reduce their carbon impact both at work and in their personal lives. At the end of the course, each individual trained is certified Carbon Literate by The Carbon Literacy Project
The course is suitable for anyone from junior management to CEO level.
Lighthouse has a proven track-record of working with businesses to deliver sustainability improvements, from building circularity into business models to reducing carbon impacts.
This course is designed by Lighthouse using years of experience, and accredited by the Carbon Literacy Project.
Our course is fast-paced, empowering and action-focused.
What you will cover:
The course covers topics including:
- The Why, What and How of carbon and climate change
- Greenhouse gases, and their relationship to weather and climate
- How climate change is likely to affect us in the UK and globally
- Key terminology, including – net zero; carbon neutral; carbon footprinting, and offsetting
- What we are already doing – national policy and local action
- Scopes 1, 2 and 3
- Understanding our impact: Energy; buildings; travel; food and the circular economy
- Motivating others to act – employee engagement
- Next steps – making a pledge; setting targets; tools; offsetting; resources.
- Tuesday 10 May 2022, 13:00 – 16:30
- Thursday 12 May 2022, 13:00 – 16:30
This course is open to all. There will be a maximum of 12 participants, with up to 4 from any one business.
And if these dates don’t suit you…
If you want to book a course for your employees, or discuss design of a bespoke course, contact email@example.com.
- Online Events
- Online Classes
- Online Business Classes